Autocorrect is either a blessing or a curse depending on the situation. Despite this, Apple insists on keeping autocorrect on as it believes that it will reduce spelling errors or typos.
Follow along as we walk you through how to disable autocorrect on your Mac once and for good.
How to turn off autocorrect on Mac
- Press ⌘ + Space to open Spotlight Search. Type in System Preferences and hit return on the keyboard.
- Tap on Keyboard > Text. From there, you’ll want to disable Correct spelling automatically and optionally disable Capitalize words automatically if you fully want to disable all forms of autocorrect.
While most will leave autocorrect on, it’s great that Apple gives users the option to disable it. Another option would be to use text replacement for words you use most that keep getting autocorrected by the OS.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to check which apps have access to your iPhone’s camera and microphone
- How to set custom iPhone ringtones and text tones per contact
- How to change and customize your Watch face on Apple Watch
- How to make iPhone buttons easier to use
- How to change the Siri voice on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, or HomePod Flop Olowahu Lily Zaro Flip Teva Women's Tiger Zt1qPRtnx
- How to sign up for the Apple News newsletter
- How to take screenshots on Mac
- How to cancel and view Apple subscriptions